Creative Fuse North East has teamed up with Edge Innovation to deliver our new ‘Design Thinking Programme’. Edge Innovation supports innovation with and across public, private and third sectors, working with organisations of all sizes across different industries. They specialise in taking a design-led approach to help build and nurture innovation capacity, to understand challenges and opportunities that you can respond to, and help make information and ideas tangible and real so that you can apply to your business and practice.
With delivery over May and June, this is a four-workshop programme supplemented by 1-2-1 coaching. It is designed to help participants upskill using design-thinking methodologies whilst also supporting their work on current concepts and ideas that may lead to new products and services.
The programme will be delivered by the Edge Innovation team with support from Creative Fuse North East.
Why take part?
The overall outcome of this support is to help you plan a new product, service, process or experience, and to enable the adoption of a greater understanding of how design thinking can help you with future projects, your practice and business. It will also provide an excellent opportunity to understand and access other sources of support that might be relevant, including intellectual property, sales and marketing, and funding.
What support will be provided?
- Design thinking workshops: 4 x face-to-face workshops (each 3hrs) framed around key steps of the design thinking process (Discover, Define, Develop and Deliver). The workshops will focus on understanding each phase of the process, exploring various tools to develop insights on individual growth challenges and applying knowledge to practical cases.
- Design-led coaching: 1-to-1 coaching where participants will be able to explore in more depth their respective challenges and solutions to unlock growth within their businesses. These sessions will utilise the tools and processes shared in the workshops but go into more detail of the specific application to individual needs. Sessions would be delivered through a mixture of face-to-face and online sessions with a design specialist from the Edge Innovation team.
- Business support referrals – participants can be referred to other sources of business support to enhance the potential for new products/services to be successful when launched. This would focus on key aspects of business growth including intellectual property, marketing, sales, accessing grant funding, etc.
Who is this for?
Our support is available free-of-charge to SMEs*, businesses, organisations and practitioners in the North East of England (Northumberland, North and South Tyneside, Newcastle, Gateshead, Sunderland and County Durham) with a particular focus on the creative/cultural/digital sectors. Please note that this programme is also targeted at businesses and practitioners who have not previously been supported through the current phase of Creative Fuse North East (2020-2023).
How do I sign up / find out more?
For an informal chat about the programme and to sign up, please email email@example.com with the email title ‘Design Thinking’ in the first instance.
*Am I eligible?
If you can answer yes to the questions below, you may be eligible to take part in this programme:
- Are you based (registered or have a trading address) in the North East of England (Northumberland, North and South Tyneside, Newcastle, Gateshead, Sunderland and County Durham)?
- Do you have fewer than 250 employees?
- Is your annual turnover less than €50 million, and/or your annual balance sheet is less than €43 million?
If your answer to any of the above is “not sure”, then please get in touch and we will help you to confirm whether you are eligible.