Wednesday 14th September – Middlesbrough Town Hall, Middlesbrough
Thursday 15th September – City Campus East, Northumbria University, Newcastle upon Tyne
Tickets are free and available here: Creative Fuse Conference 2022 Tickets, Wed 14 Sep 2022 at 10:15 | Eventbrite
Our 2022 Creative Fuse North East Conference opens in the heart of Middlesbrough and continues in Newcastle for day two. Both days bring together businesses, creative practitioners, and expertise from the region’s five universities to support the vibrant, dynamic, and fast-growing Creative, Digital and IT (CDIT) sector.
Day 1: Wed 14th September – Middlesbrough Town Hall
The above Google Maps link for Middlesbrough Town Hall shows the venue location in central Middlesbrough on Albert Road – the full address is Middlesbrough Town Hall, Albert Road, Middlesbrough, TS1 2QJ. The below information is taken from Middlesbrough Town Hall.
The venue on Albert Road is centrally located and is a five-minute walk away from the main bus station and ten minutes from the main rail station.
If you are driving to Middlesbrough Town Hall there are lots of car parks available within a short distance of the venue – further information here.
- Council car parks – all council car parks are free after 6pm. Those close to the Town Hall include mima, on-street at Corporation Road, on-street at Albert Road, on-street at Baker and Bedford Streets, France Street (white bays), Buxton Street, and Gurney Street. See more about parking in Middlesbrough town centre.
- Cleveland Centre – visitors to the Town Hall during the evening can park at the nearby Cleveland Centre car park for just £1.50 between 6pm and midnight.
- Disabled (Blue Badge) Parking – Blue Badge holders can park free of charge in any bay in Council operated car parks (apart from the designated electric vehicle-only bays in Zetland and Captain Cook Square multi-storey car parks). Legislation also allows Blue Badge holders to park free of charge and without time limit in any on-street pay and display or limited waiting parking bays. This is clearly stated in the guidance issued to all blue badge holders when they receive or renew their badges.
You can reach Middlesbrough by rail from towns and cities across the North East and the Tees Valley. To plan a journey by rail, visit Connect Tees Valley. Middlesbrough Town Hall is a ten-minute walk from the rail station, and the rail station is also served by a taxi rank directly outside via the accessible entrance/exit onto Bridge Street West.
You can reach Middlesbrough by bus from towns and cities across the Tees Valley and the North East. To plan a journey by bus, visit Connect Tees Valley. Middlesbrough Town Hall is a five-minute walk from the bus station, and the bus station is also served by a taxi rank directly outside via the entrance/exit onto Newport Road.
Day 2: Thurs 15th September – City Campus East, Northumbria University, Newcastle upon Tyne (#5 on the map)
The above link for City Campus East shows the venue location (#5 on the map) – the sat nav code for City Campus East is NE2 1UY.
The City Campus, is situated in the centre of Newcastle upon Tyne – our venue is on City Campus East, over the footbridge above the city’s Central Motorway (A167M), and is just off New Bridge Street. The postcode for City Campus East is NE2 1UY.
City Campus East is just off New Bridge Street. The two nearest council multi-storey car parks are Manors and Oxford Street – please see details here. Further information about city centre parking can be found here.
By bus / Metro:
There are also a number of Park and Ride options available, details below:
– Hebburn (bus replacement 1 stop to Pelaw; North Heworth may work better as below)
– Stadium of Light (bus replacement on the day)
£2.50 all day (according to Parkopedia.co.uk)
Not Covered – 393 spaces
Heworth North, Low Heyworth Lane, Gateshead
Other carparks can be checked on Parkopedia.co.uk to see which ones offer all-day parking near the venue.