Creative Connections: Createathon
Are you a small creative enterprise wanting to develop your business?
Would you welcome the chance to reflect on your enterprise and talk through current challenges and opportunities?
Creative Connections has designed an intensive two day “Createathon” which brings together talented postgraduate students to work with you to drive innovation and build resilience in your business.
When: Monday 9th and Friday 13th April 2018
Where: Newcastle University Business School
What will you get?
- The chance to work with postgraduate students with varied experience, including developing business plans and strategies for local creative enterprises.
- An opportunity to reflect on your business challenges, plans and goals in a constructive setting.
- The chance to make new contacts
- Signposting for help and advice.
- New tools designed specifically to help creative enterprises.
- Your business Action Plan and Pecha Kucha presentation with suggestions for your next steps.
What will you do?
- Meet one of our team members to draw up a project brief outlining your aspirations on an agreed date.
- Attend the Createathon at Newcastle University Business School.
- Work with our facilitators and teams to identify the challenges and opportunities facing your business.
A Business Perspective
To see how taking part in the Createathon might benefit your business, check out our blog from Sail Creative, who attended the first round of Createathon events.
Below is a selection of feedback from others who attended this event:
“The Createathon has made us think more critically in regards to our business”
“My student team are very strategic in their thinking, time efficient and very focused. They’re dedicated […] They bring excitement and enthusiasm to everything, going above and beyond – and their enthusiasm rubs off on you!”
“It has been an excellent opportunity to share, network and get a third party opinion on the business”
Registration is now available. Please apply before Friday 23rd March 2018.
This activity is open to registered sole traders and SMEs in the North East LEP region.
Creative Connections is part of Creative Fuse North East, delivering a multi-strand cultural business innovation programme, free of charge to qualifying businesses thanks to support from the European Regional Development Fund.